- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Short Description: If you are new to Mountaineering then Mt. Stok Kangari is the best peak to start with. Climbing Mount Stok Kangri is not just an experience, it is a way to unleash and discover the enchanting beauty of Leh-Ladakh region!
Best Time : June-August
Total Trekking Distance : 40km
Stok Kangri Altitude : 20,182 ft.
Temperature Range : -10 to 20 Degrees Celsius
Difficulty Level : Strenuous
Meal Types : Vegetarian
About the Destination: Stok Kangri summit trek is not just an experience, it is a way to unleash and discover the enchanting beauty of Leh-Ladakh region! Standing prominent among the other fascinating peaks of the region, this climb presents a challenge to any trekker with its staggering 20,182ft height. One of the most gorgeous and towering peaks in the region; it offers an enthralling 24 km trekking circuit that offers various challenges to the trekkers.
In addition to the enthrallment of trekking, this trail is also known for offering magical views of some of the other scenic peaks, stunning glaciers and high altitude water bodies. Take Stok Kangri trek between July-August to experience the best of Stok Kangri has to offer you!
Mount Stok Kangari is a 11 day package, which takes you on a ride to splendid landscapes.
Fly Delhi – Leh (3500m). Rest and AcclimatizeThe flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel.
Sightseeing around LehVisit the famous monasteries of Shey & Thiksey. Back to hotel for lunch. Overnight at hotel.
Drive Leh to Matho village & trek to Matho chu (3800m/2 to 3 hrs)Today we make an early start from Leh and drive to Matho Village with a beautiful monastery, which is the start point of our trek. We walk about 2 to 3 hrs to our campsite just next to Mathu Chu River. For acclimatization purpose we camp at a lower altitude and keep the day easy. Overnight at Camp.
Trek over a small pass to below Matho Doksa (4200m/ 3 to 4 hrs)We continue going up the Matho Chu till we reach a fork. We take the trail on the right and climb steadily till we reach a high point. Gangpoche is straight ahead next to the shepherd huts. We camp in the camping ground below the hill. Overnight at Camp
Trek over the Matho La to Mankarmo (4350m/ 4 to 5 hrs)An easy day with a gradual ascent of about 2.5 to 3 hours to Matho La with many prayer flags fluttering. From here we descent steeply on a switchback trail to Mankarmo which has a big parachute cafe. A great chance to view wild mountain goats on this trail. Today is also the day when you get your first views of Stok Kangri peak. Overnight at Camp.
Trek to Stok Kangri Base Camp (4975m/ 3 - 4 hrs)We are now on the trail connecting the Stok village to the base camp. The base camp is a short walk from here but we do gain a substantial altitude. Overnight at Camp.
Excursion to high point and backRelax at the base camp which also houses one of the biggest & best stocked parachute cafés in Ladakh. A small excursion to a high point and back. Overnight at Camp.
Rest through the day & climb in the midnight (6150 m/12 - 15 hrs)We have reserved two days for the climb which would allow for contingencies due to bad weather. Fluttering with prayer flags the summit rewards with wide open views, the Karakoram Range & Ladakh range on the north, the Zanskar range on the west and a bird’s eye view of the Indus valley and the Leh city. Later descend to base camp. Overnight at Camp.
Return to Base Camp by morning. Rest at BaseWalk all the way back down to the base camp through the same route. We reach Base Camp by afternoon. Get the much needed rest before the celebration starts of by evening. Overnight Camp.
Trek to Stok village and drive to Leh. (6 - 7 hrs trek, 1 hr drive)We exit out of the Stok valley at Stok village and then drive for another 1hour to Leh. Overnight at hotel.
Fly back to Delhi from LehEarly morning transfer to the airport to take the onward flight. Trip ends!
- The above cost is for group of minimum 2 Pax traveling together
- The above cost is on twin share accommodation basis
- All prices are subject to any revision of tax and tariff structure
- Cost difference is due to Inclusion of Service tax and Permit charges
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Excludes Service tax as applicable
- Delhi-Leh-Delhi Airfare
- Personal climbing Gear
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR. 5000/ if renting equipment from Leh)
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips for trip leader, drivers, guides, cooks & muleteers etc
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
No Details Found