- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Trip Details: The Ganga is considered the most sacred River in India. The legend is that the Goddess Ganga descended on Earth from the heaven at Gangotri and so Gangotri is considered as source of Ganga. There is a temple at Gangotri dedicated to Mother Ganga. The actual source of the Ganga lies 19 Kms from Gangotri at Gaumuk. The trek follows the River upstream to the actual source at Gaumukh. The tour starts from the holy city of Rishikesh, known as the “Gateway of Himalaya” and also famous as “Yoga Capital of the World”. This exciting trek offers fantastic view of beautiful mountains like Mt. Shivling (643 Mtrs), Mt Meru & Bhagirathi group of Mountians.
Destination: Garhwal Himalaya, Uttrakhand
Best Time: May to Mid October
Maximum Altitude: 4350 Mtrs
Highlights: Gangotri Temple, Haridwar Ganga Aarti, Rishikesh- The Yoga Capital of World, Gaumkh – The Source of Ganga.
Activities: Trekking, Camping, Photography
Sources Of Ganga Trek
Arrive DelhiArrive Delhi and transfer to Hotel for overnight. Overnight in Hotel. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Delhi – Rishikesh (Drive)Drive to Rishikesh (225Kms) via Haridwar. Rishikesh is known as “Gateway to Himalaya” and centre of Yoga & Meditation. Overnight in Hotel. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Rishikesh – Uttarkashi (Drive)Drive from Rishikesh to Uttarkashi (155 Kms). Overnight in guest house. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Uttarkashi – Gangotri (Drive)Drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri (90Kms). Overnight in guest house. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Gangotri – Bhojwasa (Trek)Trek to Bhojwasa (3658 Mtrs/14Kms) following the River Bhagirathi on the right bank. Overnight in camp. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Bhojwasa – Gaumuk (Trek) The Source of River GangaTrek to Gaumuk and continue further to Tapovan (4400 Mtrs). From Gaumukh climb over the Gangotri glacier and cross it right to left bank before climbing over the lateral morain to reach Tapovan.
Gaumukh – Tapovan (Trek)Today you will be in the middle of Himalaya at mesmerizing Tapovan meadown – a day to relax and explore the surrounding Mountains and peaks. Tapovan is at the base of Mount Shivling and Mount Bhagirathi beside the beautiful gangotri glacier. Overnight in camp. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Tapovan – Bhojwasa (Trek)Start the return trek to Chirbasa via Bhojbasa. Overnight in camp. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Bhojwasa – Gangotri (Trek)Trek down to Gangotri (9Kms) and drive further to Uttarkashi (90Kms). Overnight in camp. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Gangotri – Haridwar (Drive)Morning drive to Haridwar via Rishikesh. Enjoy “Ganga Arti” in the evening. Overnight in Hotel. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Haridwar – Delhi (Drive)Drive to Delhi (225 Kms). Overnight in Hotel. Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Drive Delhi & DepartureIn Delhi – local sightseeing including Red Fort, India Gate, Qutub Minar followed by celebration dinner and fly to onward destination.
- Accommodation in hotels as per itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Accommodationin two men alpine tent for on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- All meals as per itinerary
- Transport services by 1 AC 6 Seater Innova car for 2 to 3 Pax
- Transport services by 1 12 seater Tempo for 4 to 6 Pax
- Language guide and local guide as per itinerary
- One porter for the trek from to carry 15kgs load per person
- 01 bottle of mineral water per person per day
- Entrance and permits fees as per the itinerary
- In the interior parts of India we will use the best available hotels as star rating hotels are not available.
- Any personal expenses, medical expenses, airfare, visa fee and insurance fee.
- Guide train or airfare as applicable.
- Airfare and train fare is subject to change as per availability at the time of booking.
- Tips to guide and driver
No Details Found