- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ABOUT ARDH KUMBH MELA: It wouldn’t be wrong to say that it is the city of God as the name itself, means Settled by God. It for this reason, which has been innumerably mentioned in the ancient Hindu texts, and the history of the place, both mythological and factual that makes it one of the most fascinating and one among the main holy cities in India, special to the hearts of Hindus in India and abroad. It’s the mythological history according to which, when Lord Brahma was done with creating the world, offered his first sacrifice here. Hence the justification of its ancient name Prayag, meaning Place of Sacrifice. The place also holds a special significance according to the Hindu scriptures for holding the confluence of three of the most sacred rivers of India: Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati at Triveni Sangam, which becomes the nucleus of all celebrations of Kumbh Mela.
Celebrations At Allahabad Kumbh Mela
It is believed in the ancient times during an ongoing war between the demons and the demigods for the possession of the elixir of immortality, a few drops fell to earth at four places: Allahabad, Haridwar, Nasik, and Ujjain. And it is at each of the four places that Kumbh Mela, the gathering of millions: devout and common witnesses from all over India and rest of the world, is held and is a sight like no other. Based on astrological calculations it returns to each place after a gap of twelve years, bigger each time.
The story that the drops of nectar of immortality fell near Sangam is believed by the people to have given mystical powers to the place as millions gather at the ghats to purge themselves of all sins by taking a dip in the waters and attain Moksha (Salvation). Young and old, fit and frail; all regions, castes, and creed aside, it becomes the single most brilliantly unifying experience ever. The place itself, overrun by Naga Sadhus, who never wear any clothes and are always smeared in ash; Urdhwavahurs, non-indulgent in physical pleasures; Parivajakas, having taken a vow of silence; and Shirshasins, who stand for all 24 hours and meditate, transforms as if from another realm.
Date : 01/02/2019
ARRIVE DELHI (BY: FLIGHT)Welcome to India- a country where hospitality is a way of life; to a culture steeped in tradition, a land where history lives in music and dance. You will be received at the airport in a traditional manner with garlands and proceed to your hotel. Overnight in Hotel at Delhi. Meals - Nil
Date : 02/02/2019
DELHI – VARANASI (BY: REFERENCE FLIGHT)Morning after breakfast proceed to Delhi Airport and board the flight to Varanasi. Arrive and check-in at the hotel for lunch. Post lunch proceed to Sarnath. SARNATH After attaining enlightenment at Bodh Gaya Buddha went to Sarnath; and it was here that he preached his first discourse in the deer park to set in motion the 'Wheel of the Dharma'. It is one of the most holy sites as in this place the stream of the Buddha's teaching first flowed. At this place, Buddha encountered the five men who had been his companions of earlier austerities. On meeting the enlightened Buddha, all they saw was an ordinary man; they mocked his well-nourished appearance. "Here comes the mendicant Gautama," they said, "who has turned away from asceticism. He is certainly not worth our respect." When they reminded him of his former vows, the Buddha replied, "Austerities only confuse the mind. Overnight in Hotel at Varanasi. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 03/02/2019
VARANASI - ALLAHABAD (BY ROAD: DRIVE 120KMS/5-6HRS)Early morning enjoy an inspiring and beautiful Sunrise boat ride along the river’s edge to view the temples and the ancient rituals of the thousands of pilgrims who worship here daily. Bear a testimony to the ancient living heritage of thousands of years. Take a long boat ride along the bathing Ghats and later disembark to walk through the ancient narrow lane of Varanasi witnessing the pilgrims going for worship to the temple after they have taken a cleanse from the Holy Dip in the River Ganga, which you will be able to see from outside only, After the boat ride come back to hotel for breakfast. Post breakfast proceed for city tour of Varanasi. Starts from the visit of Durga temple called as the Sankat Mochan temple and the Bharat Mata temple. Post lunch drive to Allahabad and check-in at the camp followed by dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 04/02/2019
ALLHABAD (BY FOOT)After breakfast you have full day to explore Holy Ardh Kumbha Mela and can take a Holy dip at Sangam. Please note that today the crowd will be beyond your imagination and it would not be easy to take the holy dip go for any local city tour or sightseeing. Today, we will spend whole day experience the crowd and taking photos (if not interested to take a dip in the river) Overnight stay at Camps (Tented Accommodation) Hotel accommodation also available. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Date : 05/02/2019
ALLAHABAD (BY SURFACE)Today the streets, roads and state highways will witness huge traffic as all the pilgrims will move out of the town and it is best for us to stay one more night in town and explore Hanuman (Monkey God) Temple, Akshya Vat, Allahabad Fort and other places. You can also experience different camps of Akahras (wrestling grounds). Overnight stay at Camps (Tented Accommodation) Hotel accommodation also available. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Date : 06/02/2019
ALLAHABAD - VARANASI (BY ROAD: DRIVE 120KMS/5-6HRS)After breakfast we will drive to Varanasi. Arrival and check-in at the hotel for lunch. Post lunch visit the local market for photography return to the hotel for dinner Overnight stay in Hotel at Varanasi. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 07/02/2019
VARANASI (BY:SURFACE)Today, after relaxed breakfast we will have the entire day to visit one of the ancient temple Kashi Vishwanath Temple for photography from outside. Later after lunch we will again explore the famous narrow lanes of Varanasi which is full of colors, people, vehicles, cows, several small beetle shops, open saloons under the tree, milk-man with their milk canes on the bi-cycles, hot Indian snacks factory on the road etc. Evening return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Date : 08/02/2019
VARANASI – JAIPUR (BY: REFERENCE FLIGHT)Dep: 0820Hrs/Arr: 10:30Hrs Morning after breakfast transfer to Varanasi airport and board the flight to Jaipur. Arrive and transfer to the hotel for lunch. Post lunch proceed to visit Hawa Mahal which is the best-known landmark of Jaipur. In the heart of the city is situated the City Palace, a blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. The place is now a museum except for one section where the erstwhile royal family still lives. Jantar Mantar is only one of the five observatories constructed by Jai Singh to whom the city owes its name. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 09/02/2019
JAIPUR (BY: SURFACE)After breakfast, you will be taken for sightseeing of Jaipur. Morning proceed to Amer fort using shared Jeep while going uphill the fort. After seeing the fort come back down the fort by open Jeep. Amber fort complex stands amidst wooded hills. One of the finest examples of Rajput/Mughal architecture. Built in 16th century it stands as a testament reflecting the glory of the fierce Kachawaha Dynasty that ruled over the region from 12th to the 18th century. The Amber Fort set in picturesque and rugged hills is a fascinating blend of Hindu and Mughal architecture. Constructed by Raja Man Singh I in 1592 and completed by Sawai Jai Singh I the fort is made in red sand stone and white marble. The rugged forbidding exterior belies an inner paradise with a beautiful fusion of art and architecture. Amber is the classic and romantic fort- palace with a magnificent aura. The interior wall of the palace depicts expressive painting scenes with carvings, precious stones and mirror settings. In the foreground is the Maota Lake providing a breathtaking look. Built mainly for the warring enemies as a safe place, the heavily structured walls could defend the residents within the ramparts of the fort. Post lunch proceed to visit Central Museum which has a large collection of costumes, woodwork, brassware, jewelry, and pottery followed by the hilltop forts of Nahargarh, Jaigarh, and Amber constitute the real Rajputana legacy. The Maota Lake offers a breathtaking reflection of the magnificent Amber Fort-Palace. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 10/02/2019
JAIPUR – AGRA (BY: SURFACE)Morning drive to Agra (Approx. 240 Kms/ 4-5 hrs drive) enroute visit Abhaneri step well. What makes Abhaneri a place to visit is the presence of Chand Baori. The Chand Baori is a step well which is regarded as a unique invention of the people of Abhaneri; it was created for rainwater harvesting. Located in the front of the Harshat Mata temple, this colossal step well has a depth of 20 meters, with 13 levels. Chand Baori is regarded as one of deepest and largest step wells in India. Despite being so huge, the well still has delicate and intricate carvings which are a visual treat. Various structures are also built around the step well. Arrive and check-in at the hotel for lunch. Post lunch proceed for sightseeing of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Taj Mahal (Friday) - Someone rightly said, ‘see the Taj and die’ and the Taj certainly surpasses this thought. Described as the most spectacular monuments ever built for love, Taj Mahal is the Agra fascination and greatest pride of India. One of the legendary Indian poet -Rabindranath Tagore described its beauty as “a teardrop on the face of eternity”. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died after giving birth to their 14th child in 1631. Around 20,000 workers devoted day and night to construct this magnificent monument. Taj Mahal proved to be the costliest tomb ever build on this earth. Specialists were brought in from Europe and other Asian counties to produce the exquisite marble screens and pietra dura made with the thousands of semi precious stones. It is said that Shah Jahan also wanted to built a black Taj Mahal as a tomb for himself on the opposite side if the river Yamuna. Locals guides are found saying that he want to portray his negative image, when his own son Aurangzeb threw his son into the jail, but sadly he could not afford his grandiose plans. Overnight in Hotel at Agra. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Date : 11/02/2019
AGRA – DELHI (BY: SURFACE)Morning after breakfast proceed to visit Agra Fort. Agra Fort (Near the gardens of the Taj Mahal stands the important 16th-century Mughal monument known as the Red Fort of Agra. More often than not, the Agra Fort is overshadowed by the pristine beauty of the Taj, but for those looking for something beyond romance, the Agra Fort is worth seeing. Situated on the bank of river Yamuna, the Agra Fort today, stands as a citadel of the past that has witnessed centuries slip by). After sightseeing proceed for lunch and drive to Delhi (Approx. 245 Kms/ 5 hrs drive) and upon arrival transfer to restaurant for dinner and proceed to Delhi International Airport for departure. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per itinerary
- All meals as per itinerary
- 01 Chinese speaking guide as per itinerary
- Entrance fees of monuments as per itinerary
- Exclusive A.C vehicle for the group travelling together throughout the tour
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the onward journey to your destination.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Pricing of the package is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of travelling.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard. A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Trance Holidays reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
- The package price does not include:
- Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any other items not mentioned under ‘Inclusions’ are not included in the cost of the package.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Any international flight, visa, airport taxes, insurance fees etc
- Any Domestic flight, airport taxes, insurance fees. The price is supplementary.
- Tips to guide/driver/local escorts
- Any personal expenses likes phone calls, laundry, shopping, meals or snacks on own etc.
- Anything that is not included in price inclusion.
- The rooms at the hotel are on base category basis.
- Twin rooms at the hotel is subject to availability at the time of check-in
- The prices are subject to change at the time of booking as per the change in exchange rates, government taxes, and supplier rates etc.
- 25% of Package cost at the time of confirmation
- 30 days or more before departure 50% of total cost
- 29 – 21 days before departure 75% of total cost
- Within 21 days 100% of total cost
|45 or more days prior to departure||25% of package cost will be charged for retention.|
|30 to 45 days prior to departure.||50% of package cost will be charged for retention.|
|21 to 30 days prior to departure.||75% of package cost will be charged for retention.|
|Within 21 days before departure.||100% of package cost will be charged for retention|
No Details Found